January 2010 I resigned from my day job. The reason: I wanted a productivity tool to manage my knowledge, and I wanted to build it. I am a user of Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr, Google Wave, Diigo, txtb.in and host of other online tools. But I still missed a tool where I can post bits and pieces of knowledge I gain daily, share it with other users.
What I needed?
- Quick posting. Bookmarklet is the easiest way to post.
- Better than bookmarking tools. I wanted to aggregate selective-content from multiple sites to store.
- Content rendering should be neat.
- Syntax should be simple to use.
- Support for tags
- Support source code highlighting
What I did?
Visualizing the above features, I started building FileIt.in. At this moment, you are seeing this labor of love :-)